Nominations are now open for the upcoming East Central Writing Center Association Board election. We have one open at-large position this year for a three-year term.
To qualify, board members must be involved with writing center work within the ECWCA region, and may be writing center directors, professional staff members, or student staff members. Each board member is expected to commit a significant amount of time to share in the following responsibilities:
• Assisting the conference host in planning the annual ECWCA conference;
• Attending the Board meeting at the annual conference, as well as possibly a summer retreat;
• Taking part in committee work, such as developing procedures and creating documents;
• Participating in online discussion and decision-making between face-to-face meetings of the Board;
• Reporting to the ECWCA membership at the annual conference and communicating with the membership at other times as needed; and
• Determining the dispersal of the treasury in support of research and scholarship related to writing centers.
Eligible candidates may nominate themselves or be nominated by someone else. Nominations will be accepted by email through February 24, 2012. If you are interested in nominating someone or yourself, please download nomination form, complete it, and send it to Megan Ward (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please limit your biographical information and statement of service to no more than 250 words. Once submitted, nominees’ information will be posted on the ECWCA website, so members can familiarize themselves with nominees’ experience before voting.