The East Central Writing Centers Association is pleased to announce an open position for a one-year, renewable Assistant Editor position that begins immediately runs through next year’s conference.* This position is competitive, and all applicants should submit the following:
- A cover letter indicating interest, detailing applicant strengths, and briefly discussing how this position will benefit your future career goals.
- A résumé with relevant work experience and college coursework.
- A 250 – 400 word statement detailing your experience in a writing center and your developing tutor philosophy.
- One letter of recommendation, to be sent separately, by someone capable of speaking to your writing center work and potential success in the editor position for which you are applying.
Applications should be received no later than July 21, 2012. Depending on the level of demonstrated interest, selected applicants may be asked to participate in a brief phone interview. The two successful applicants will be notified via e-mail.
ECWCA Newsletter Assistant Editor:
The Assistant Editor will coordinate with the Editor and Associate Editor in the planning, production, and administration of the newsletter. S/he will have the following responsibilities:
- Oversee and direct the “Tutor Voice” section of the newsletter (an outlet space for tutors to discuss tutor-tutor relevant issues).
- Solicit and maintain “Tutor Voice” submissions.
- Collaborate with the Editor and Associate Editor.
* Newsletter positions are not ECWCA Board positions and, as such, are not selected through an election process. Newsletter positions are announced and selected by the ECWCA Newsletter Editor.
All application materials should be submitted by July 21, 2012 via e-mail to: Anthony Garrison firstname.lastname@example.org